On October 11, 2019, Flux7 and AWS HPC experts will lead a one-day intensive technical workshop on AWS HPC services. Attendees to the hands-on training session will learn about services such as Batch, Parallel Cluster, Elastic Fabric Adapter (EFA), FSX for Lustre, and more. In this introductory session, through a mix of classroom training and hands-on labs led by AWS Solutions Architects, you will learn about AWS HPC services as well as best practices and select industry workloads.
AWS provides the most elastic and scalable cloud infrastructure to run your High Performance Computing (HPC) applications. With virtually unlimited capacity, engineers, researchers, and HPC system owners can innovate beyond the limitations of on-premises HPC infrastructure. These workloads span the traditional HPC applications, like seismic imaging, reservoir simulation, computer-aided engineering, computational chemistry, financial risk modeling, as well as emerging applications, like machine learning, deep learning.
When: October 11, 2019
Where: AWS Houston Office
825 Town and Country Lane
Houston, TX 77024
Find additional information and register here.
- Learn how to use AWS HPC services to enable cloud transformation within their organization
- Gain an understanding of AWS HPC Services (Choosing Appropriate Compute, Storage, Networking, Scheduler options etc.)
- Get hands-on experience with HPC workloads
- Learn strategies for re-architecting HPC Workloads
- Gain deeper knowledge of services like Amazon EC2 Spot Instances and AWS Batch for massively parallel processing
NOTE: This is a hands-on workshop, so please bring your laptop to participate in the lab exercises.
Reach out to secure your personal invitation today. Can’t make it to the workshop, but interested in learning more about cloud-based HPC, insights on new trends in DevOps, AWS and more? Subscribe to our DevOps blog below and stay on top of the latest trends and industry news.
For additional HPC reading: