IT Modernization and DevOps News Week in Review
At KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe this past week, data from a new Codefresh survey finds that four of five developers cite a lack of DevOps automation as an obstacle to delivering code in a timely manner. Indeed, 32% said that they were not using any CI/CD tools at all, and about 60% reported that their organization is “not using the right amount of automation to enable individual developers to increase velocity.”
To stay up-to-date on DevOps automation, CI/CD and IT Modernization, subscribe to our blog here:
- New Relic introduced New Relic One, what the company calls the industry’s first entity-centric observability platform. Designed to give enterprises with complex environments a single pane of glass to find, visualize, and understand everything they need to deliver more perfect software. New Relic One seeks to give operators the context they need to see what is happening, where, and with dependencies so problems can be more quickly fixed.
- VMware announced its intent to acquire Bitnami, who makes application packaging solutions for cloud and Kubernetes environments. According to the companies, Bitnami will enable VMware customers to easily deploy application packages on public and hybrid clouds via VMs, containers and Kubernetes helm charts.
- HashiCorp introduced Terraform Cloud, a SaaS application with free collaboration features (and some additional paid feature sets) that provide team management, self-service infrastructure, and governance features.
- Last, our DevOps consulting team enjoyed this blog, “Build A Quick Ci System Using Red Hat Ansible Tower With Github Actions” in which Sean Cavanaugh shares his journey of getting Github Actions to work with Red Hat Ansible Tower.
- AWS announced that operators can now share AMIs encrypted with customer-managed CMKs across accounts with a single API call. According to the announcement, operators can also now launch an EC2 instance directly from an encrypted AMI that has been shared with you.
- AWS introduced the ability to launch an encrypted Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) backed Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instance from any unencrypted Amazon Machine Image (AMI), such as an AWS community or marketplace AMI with a single API call.
- Amazon has added support for cost allocation tags to SNS, allowing operators to now use these key-value pairs to manage SNS costs, helping operators categorize SNS topics to easily identify their purpose and track associated costs.
- Join AWS and Flux7 as they present a one day workshop on how Serverless Technology is impacting business now (and what you need to get started). Serverless technology on AWS is enabling companies by building modern applications with increased agility and lower total cost of ownership. Find additional information and register here.
- Read Flux7 CEO, Dr. Aater Suleman’s latest Forbes article, Upskill Your Team To Address The Cloud, Kubernetes Skills Gap in which he shares two key levers to address today’s skills gap.