IT Modernization and DevOps News Week in Review
As the pace slows a little in the summer months, we all gain a little more time for housekeeping. In keeping with that theme, in addition to the few DevOps news items from this past week, we’re visiting a couple of research notes that we missed over the past few weeks.
Kenna Security reports that over 60 percent of the top Docker files (its team scanned the top 1000 most popular containers from Docker Hub) have a medium risk vulnerability and over 20 percent contain at least one high-risk vulnerability that should be addressed as soon as possible.
Gartner announced in a press release that “by 2022, 75% of all databases will be deployed or migrated to a cloud platform, with only 5% ever considered for repatriation to on-premises.” The firm attributes this trend to databases used for analytics, and the SaaS model with use cases like data warehousing, data lakes, AI and ML. Read more here about Flux7 AWS Database Services.
- Our DevOps consulting team was happy to see that Jenkins released an alpha version of its new library that seeks to unify plugin management logic across the different implementations of Jenkins. The alpha also provides a CLI tool that will make it easy for users to download plugins and view plugin information before Jenkins even starts.
- Github has announced that now users can better keep track of their progress - especially in large pull requests - by marking files as viewed.
- OWASP ZAP has issued a new version of its ZAP penetration testing tool. The ZAP Project now includes a Web browser display, giving software developers the ability to interactively test application reliability and security in real time.
- AWS has launched Amazon CloudWatch Application Insights for .NET and SQL Server, which the company says will make the monitoring and troubleshooting process easy while offering visibility into application health. The new service enables operators to set up, monitor, and analyze the metrics, logs and alarms of .NET applications and underlying resources to detect problems.
- We are proud to be named a 2019 Gartner Cool Vendor in Business and IT Services. Read here why Flux7 was chosen.
- Check out our latest customer story. In this article, we share how TN Marketing grew its AWS security best practices with AWS WAF Managed Rules, while also decreasing security management.
To stay updated on the latest Flux7 and industry news, subscribe to our DevOps blog, and follow us on LinkedIn.