DevOps World anchors this week’s DevOps news as CloudBees makes several announcements at its virtual event. Specifically, the company unveiled two software delivery management modules – for management and engineering productivity use cases — fulfilling its vision to “solve challenging software delivery problems for organizations and enable them to continuously deliver software efficiently…” The CloudBees Software Delivery Management will be GA with these two modules in Q4 2020, according to the company.
CloudBees also reveals the results of a survey studying the impacts of COVID-19 on software delivery. They found that the pandemic moved organizations to prioritize digital transformation projects, DevOps, and cloud migration. Interestingly, the report found that virtual work helps software teams become more productive. Last, the company announced new DevSecOps capabilities for CloudBees CI and CloudBees CD including the integration of feature flag capabilities within CI/CD environments, enhanced Role-Based Access Control, and more robust disaster recovery capabilities.
Conference attendees may have also found themselves at the virtual Ignite conference where Microsoft launched several updates. Most notably:
- Azure Arc enabled data services (preview) that enable Azure SQL Managed Instance and Azure PostgreSQL Hyperscale to run across on-premises data centers, multi-cloud and the edge.
- GA of Azure Arc enabled servers, allowing operators to organize and govern Windows and Linux servers (physical and VM) across multi-cloud, multi-edge environments.
- GitHub integration for Power Apps (preview), to ease application lifecycle management using a CI/CD tool of choice.
- New containerized runtime for Logic Apps (preview)
- Reserved Instance pricing for App Service starting November 1, 2020. Microsoft says the new pricing brings up to 35% cost savings for a 1-year commitment and up to 55% savings for a 3-year commitment.
- AKS start/stop cluster feature (preview) that enables operators to pause an AKS cluster and pick up where they left off later.
- Azure Kubernetes Services on Azure Stack HCI (preview).
- GA of Azure SQL Edge for edge workloads.